This blog may have been offline for a few months - including December, when Roboexotica went down for the fourteenth time.
About time for an overview of the ACRA winners.
Annual Cocktail Robot Awards 14.0:
- Cocktail Serving: T.R.E.E. by Marcel Jira, Peter Regner, Jakob Unterwurzacher, Anna Vasof (which, I'm told, is being upgraded for mixing)
- Cocktail Mixing: MELMACC by Oliver Höftberger, Robert Neuner, Michael Müller (repeat winner, this one! showed off new features)
- Conversation and Interaction: Dancingularity feat. Drinkularity by Kokoromi (a multimedia dance installation that mixed drinks for the DJ and VJ)
- Smoking Culture: not awarded in 2012 (*sad face*)
- Cocktail Culture: Phenokistomixer by Vesna Krebs and Borut Kumperščak(visuals / virtual cocktails)
- 3D Printed Paraphernalia: metalab RepRap by metalab (live-printed cigarette holder rings)
- Bar food: Amalettomat by Zwax (vastly improved since when it debuted the year before)
- Bar gamification: Fluzl by FH Joanneum students (like the winner of cat. 9 this one let two players compete for a mixed drink)
- Minor friendliness: KiBaRo by Robert Martin (let kids compete playing foosball for a healthy drink of mixed fruits)
- Most deadly machine award: Reverse Miracle by Veronika Krenn, Oliver Kellow (for leaving a bare 220V current exposed)
- Lime award: Cocks Bar by Eder Johannes, Huber Oliver, Leder Norbert, Moser Harald (this otherwise brilliant robot was tainted by (ironic?) sexist images used in UI. the creators promised betterment)
Post a Comment